So, after I've tried to reconcile any difference with her... I've stopped. There seems to be no hope with her. Her words are still so hurtful and I still do not understand why she continues.
Her words recently have been along the lines of... I will have to settle for second best (in reference to guys), because I am unattractive and my weight will cause me to not have 'the best'. All I can do is laugh at that statement. She is so wrong. If a guy falls in love with me, it won't be because of my physical appearance, but because of my PASSION for the Lord. I don't want a man do love me for my body. Yes, I do want there to be a mutual attraction, but attraction is more than physically. I hurt for her. If she thinks this is how a man will love her... I hurt for her. I hurt for her future husband, her children, and the people she comes into contact with.
This has also made me realize that what I do now can completely affect my future relationships with all types of people. My love and compassion is for the Lord's people... not for certain kinds of people... certain kinds of body types. My love will not stop for someone if they do not do what I think is correct. I am called to love my neighbor (may that be anyone) as myself. (Mark 12:30-31) AND... Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
I am commanded to love Rachel completely. So, I will. AND I will continue to pray for her.
OH how the Lord has been teaching me about love this summer. Application is key.
Shane Black's annual beach project speech rung in my head for daaaaaaaaays. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment