I've decided to write a few things that I've become uncomfortable with since my weight loss began. Some of these things I knew I'd experience... others not so much.
1. saggy skin already. I knew I'd have saggy skin, but my skin feels wrinkly and weird already. Although I've had large arms, I've never been self-conscience of my arms. Now is a whole different story. you can see where my muscle is and where the fat has shrank. I'd say disappeared, but it isn't gone, just deflated. lol.
2. the looks. Once again, I knew I'd have people comment on my weight loss, but not like this. It is as if they don't see me anymore. People see my body, my weight loss. They literally look me up and down 3 or 4 times while saying 'you look great'.... Okay, I know I've lost weight, but do you really have to eye my body like that? It makes me want to hide. DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! lol. It wouldn't be appropriate to look at me like that in any other stage of my life... skinny, fat, pregnant, old... whatever.
3. I'm emotional. and very uncomfortable about it. I think it is for many many reasons. My hormones are weird because of the weight loss. My cycle is abnormal. My ob/gyn put me on the patch. I hate it, but it is better than a cycle every day for a month and a half. Another reason is my self-perception because of 'the looks' and my saggy skin. I'm uncomfortable in my body because I don't know this body yet. I know that may sound weird, but things feel different, react different, and move differently.
4. the questions. I'm uncomfortable with people that I've rarely spoken with in the past asking me what I'm doing. I've never tried to hide my surgery, but I just feel like if I wanted them to know, I would have told them.
5. The facebook marketing for weight loss. So I understand that this is people's jobs. I also understand that they love their product. But Advocare and Body by Vi are not for everyone, especially not for me. I am on a diet, following my doctor and dietician. Gastric Bypass patients do not have normal digestion or normal anything. I want to follow their instructions and not your claim. Also, the pills... those are self explanatory. Also, the workout methods. I'm sooooo looking forward to doing a normal workout routine for a normal person, but unforunately, being 300+ pounds is not normal. I have to wait to SAFELY try workout programs. Insanity... not going to happen. P90X... not going to happen. I would literally break a bone from the weight of my body. Give me some time to adjust to a new body, time to lose weight, before giving me the workout speech. I workout. I walk/jog 2 miles 4-5 times a week. I burn 400-500 calories from that alone. I'm working at it. It will just take me a little longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment