I really should do more writing, but lately I feel I haven't any time.
The Lord is really speaking to me lately about my womanhood. Because of some recent developments in the physical medical perspective, I've been praying and weeping that God would allow me to have children and he would heal me. I was defining my "womanhood" on whether I could have children. In all reality, my role and purpose as a woman is defined by His first words when creating Eve. He called her a "helper". You see at my core and the essence of a woman, my role is a helper. By my very nature, I am a helper. This helper isn't just a serving helper... which is very important. In Genesis 2:18, God uses the words: "It is not good for man to be alone, I will create a helper suitable for him." That word helper in greek is Ezer.
ezer (greek)- Help meet, helper suitable, companion, counterpart, comparable, fit, just right, ally, support
Scripture has three main types of “helpers”
1. Helper- PILLAR- to set securely on high, support and affirm husband and children. Ps. 20:2, Ps. 144:12, Proverbs 31
2. Helper- Protector- shield of fath, protector of life and community, protector children, protect from temptation. Ps. 33:20, Eph. 6:10-20
3. Helper- Defender- in prayer and truth Deut. 33:7
Also notice that... The first part of the verse is "it is not good for man to be alone..." God created many things in the beginning and said "it is good", but he saw that man was not yet complete without this other gender. A gender of gentle support, affirmation, and life.
My role as a woman is just that. A helper. a gentle support. affirmation. life. I will be what he has called me to be... glorify Him through the role of a helper.
I talked about all of this this past Wednesday as a guest speaker at the Rise Service. It is a young adult/college worship service that I have grown to really love.

No comments:
Post a Comment