Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pray continuously with confidence

I really hope to sell the house soon, but we haven't had many people look at it, -one- to be exact. I keep reminding myself that if the Lord wants us to buy the house closer to campus then He will work it out in His timing. I must be patient. My grandmother has declined the contingency contract from the Crooms' house. She said that everything will work out if we are meant to buy it and there is no need for it. I must count my blessings, I do have a wonderful, new home with no problems. I would be very grateful for the convience of the house on Western, but it is all in the Lord's hands.

As I openned my quiet time journal on Sunday I saw a quote I wrote on the inside cover probably last spring. I don't know who said it... but it says, "Our efforts are futile if we are not praying about it." I haven't been praying earnestly about the sale of our home and the purchase of the new home.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing."

Mark 11:20-24
20In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"
22"Have[a] faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Our prayers must be with confidence. He wants us to believe without a doubt that He is capable of doing what we have asked.

No comments: